Friday, November 16, 2012

Candy Bouquet with a Theme

Before I post my blog on how to make Roman Shades...or at least my first try on Roman Shades, cause I did learn some tips along the way before I go ahead and make FOUR more!  Thought I would post my version of a candy bouquet...and this one had a theme to it...plus this would allow me to learn how to attach pics to my Blog...good idea I'm thinking :-)

Our neighbour...a dear friend and the BEST neighbour...he takes our mail for us while we are vacationing (for 3 months!) which in my eyes is a BIG commitment.  What a sweetheart!  Totally deserving of a little attention from me.  I had made one other candy bouquet, successfully...but as always, your first one is a learning experience....this was just candy, and in my eyes turned out lovely.  My sister-in-law loved it, and I thought BINGO I have something else that I can 'make' for a gifty, thankyou, etc....

Back to our neighbour....he was retiring from a job that he had for 30 plus years, and is a very young at heart  family man.  I marched off to my $1 store and purchased me supplies.  They have a vase that is perfect for holding the candies.....and then meandered around the store finding items that would fit into my 'themed candy bouquet'.....here's a few things I picked up....

  • playing cards
  • small calendar 12-13
  • Suduko booklet
  • gardening gloves
  • first aid kit
  • small 'to do list' note pad
  • various chocolate bars
  • gift card to a chain of restaurants that we all love
And of course varying sizes of chocolates/candy...picked up blue tissue and more cello, blue duct tape, in my craft room I do have bamboo skewers and if I can think up what else I used I will put it in here....now to learn how to insert pics.  BRB

No comments:

Post a Comment